Stuff For Sale
2004 Summer Tour
In The Press
Veggie Van Gogh
Please patronize sponsors of this page!
Bytesmiths no longer is involved in software consulting. Maintenance of this web site is currently subsidised by unrelated business activities. Please pass the word to other interested folks, so I can continue to host this page!
- Bytesmiths Editions -- large, archival, fine-art photography on unusual materials
- Bytesmiths Press -- artists' services: web design/hosting, jury slides, giclee reproductions, opening announcements, brochures, etc.
- Champagne Beadworks -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- Crafted By Carol -- handcrafted jewelry and beadwork
- EcoReality, an organization devoted to establishing a sustainable ecovillage
- Ecovillage Newsletter -- Diana Leafe Christian's news of her travels.
- Gemini Gypsy -- Carole Good-Hanson's fused glass frames
- Green Chipper -- light forestry and environmental services.
- Salt Spring Island Society for Community Education -- community education on our island of 10,000.
- Veggie Van Gogh -- two artists' mobile warehouse and living quarters, petroleum-free!
- Veggiemog -- life and times of Kelly O'Toole's Unimog, running on biodiesel
Your site could be listed here, for as little as $12 per month! Go to Bytesmiths Press for details.
This site has been selected by PC Webopaedia as one of the best on this topic!
This site has been awarded a Links2Go Key Resource Award in the Smalltalk category!
Hyper-Literate Programming with Bytesmiths SmallDoc
To support large projects, we've developed an extensive,
integrated documentation system for VisualWorks 2.5 under
ENVY/Developer® R3.01. It supports the principles put forth in
our Smalltalk Report column on
Documentation, with a
metrics management facility,
and improved accessibility of "right-sized" documentation components.
For project documentation to be useful, it must be
both by developers, but also by other organizational roles, such as
managers, QA, etc.
We provide an inter-library
browser that is documentation-centric. This allows
multiple teams to rapidly assess re-useability of each
others' components, without forcing excessive imports and
Note that the selected text is blue and underlined. This
is a hypertext link. SmallDoc contains a
hypertext system that can be used independently of
SmallDoc in end-user applications. (This hypertext
system is loosely based upon, but vastly improved over, the
one described in
Documentation, Part II.)